How to Apply

In the semester before you begin honours (May for an S2 start, September for a S1 start) look at the research projects page  Contact academics whose projects you are interested in to discuss possible projects.

You will need to nominate three supervisor choices, so you need to talk to several supervisors about their research and possible projects.

Before the end of week 13 of the semester, complete and submit the online “Intention to undertake honours form” to the Science Student Office.

If you are enrolled into the Bachelor of Science, or have graduated from another university, you also need to apply for the one-year degree Bachelor of Science (Honours) using UNSW’s “Apply Online” system.

Research projects and supervisors will be allocated by the Honours Director.