- ARC Future Fellowship (2015-2018)
- AIPS Tall Poppy 'Scientist of the Year 2013'
- ARC DECRA Fellowship (2012-2014)
- University of Sydney Fellowship (2011)
- ARC APD Fellowship (2007-2010)
My key areas of expertise lies within Astronomy and Astrophysics. Particularly, stars, planets, and the Milky Way.
I use asteroseismology -- the ringing inside stars from star quakes -- to infer the physical properties of stars, such as their size, mass, and age.
To measure the signature of this `music of the stars' I work closely with NASA to obtain data using the Kepler, K2, and TESS space telescopes; they measure tiny brightness variations of stars that reveal the frequencies of the stellar ringing.
My group is pioneering the use of Artificial Intelligence, such as Deep Learning image recognition, to analyse large amount of asteroseismic data we receive from NASA.
To get in touch, please use: d.stello -add- unsw.edu.au